K-Lite Codec Pack
Vorbis Ogg ACM
Lame MP3 Codec
ffdshow is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DIVX and XviD movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.
This version of ffdshow also includes experimental playback for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files such as VCD and SVCD movies. Only problem is that MPEG-2 playback can't play the SVCD clips directly from the CD, but requires the video to be extracted to the HDD by using VCDGear first.
Key features of ffdshow:
- fast video decompression using optimized MMX, SSE and 3DNow! code
- support for different codecs: XviD, all DivX versions, MS WMV, MPEG-1 and - MPEG-2
- image postprocessing for higher playback quality
- automatic quality control: automatically reduces postprocessing level when CPU load is high
- hue, saturation and luminance correction
- experimental sharpening filter
- noising (of course if you want it)
- completely free software: ffdshow is distributed under GPL
- support for various subtitle formats
Download ffdshow decoder