K-Lite Codec Pack
Vorbis Ogg ACM
Lame MP3 Codec
LAME is an LGPL MP3 encoder. The Open source development model allowed to improve its quality and speed since 1999. It is now an highly MP3 encoder, with quality and speed able to rival state of the art commercial encoders. You can use the LAME executable with RazorLAME interface or you can use the DLL with another software (AudioGrabber, CDEx etc).
What's New in Current Version:
Fixed lowpass values when using vbr with mono files. Faster quantization loops. Faster count_bits. Fixed a buffer requirement error in ACM codec. Fixed mpglib and other decoding support code to prevent the crash when invalid mp3 input. Removed Layer I decoding support.
Features of LAME MP3 codec:
- Many improvements in quality and speed over ISO reference software.
- MPEG1,2 and 2.5 layer III encoding.
- CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
- Encoding engine can be compiled as a shared library (Linux/UNIX), DLL or ACM codec (Windows).
- Free format encoding and decoding
- GPSYCHO: a GPL'd psycho acoustic and noise shaping model.
- Quality is comparable to FhG encoding engines and substantially better than most other encoders.
- Fast! Encodes faster than real time on a PII 266 at highest quality mode.
- MP3x: a GTK/X-Window MP3 frame analyzer for both .mp3 and unencoded audio files.
Download Lame Mp3 Codec