K-Lite Codec Pack
Vorbis Ogg ACM
Lame MP3 Codec
XviD is the name of a new open-source video codec, which just like DivX is based on the new MPEG-4 compression standard for video. XviD is a continuation of Project Mayo and aims to develop a high quality open-source MPEG-4 codec.
Key features of XviD:
I, P Frame encoding, PMVFast and EPZS with diamond and square pattern motion estimation, inter4v mode, fullpixell and halfpixel precision, both MPEG4 and H263 quantizations, custom quant matrices, Adaptive quantization / Luminance masking.
What's New in This Release:
- Internal bitrate calculator added
- Several VfW GUI fixes
- DShow fixes
- Colour space fixes
- Choosable fast 1st pass
- XviD with bframes in packed mode is decodable by DivX
- GMC with interlaced content fixed
To play XviD movies you first need to install the XviD codec on your computer. To install the XviD codec for Windows, follow these easy steps:
1) Download the XviD codec for Windows
2) Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation
3) Follow the instructions in the installation program
After you've installed the XviD codec on your computer, VidLizard Media Player will be able to play all versions of XviD movies. If you
face any problems, please refer to the XviD FAQ for solutions to common XviD codec installation and playback problems.